Throughout the renovation, care was taken to minimise the impact to the environment and maximise sustainability...
- Solar powered, with gas cooking and hot water
- Two rainwater tanks supply all water needs
- All internal paint has low or no VOC's(volatile organic compounds)
- Raw materials such as old floor boards, old furniture, and old windows were recycled in the cabin
- Resident wildlife carefully relocated back to the bush (eg. snakes and frogs out of the ceiling cavities)
- Skylights installed to maximise natural lighting
- Energy saving light bulbs in all lights
- Water efficient tap fittings and energy efficient appliances
- Fully insulated throughout
- Fans for cooling and slow combustion wood burner for heating
- Existing garden beds used and enhanced to minimise soil disturbance
- Gardens designed to attract wildlife such as frog pond and native plants
Mary Valley Vista is a showcase of sustainable living....
Waste water managed onsite
Food waste managed with compost bin and worm farm
Recycle bin for other household wastes
Timber for heating sourced on site or from sustainable sources
Home grown herbs, vegies and fruit for guests(seasonal)
Australian made products sourced locally wherever possible (eg. furniture, linen, toiletries etc.)
Even the clothes pegs are Australian made using recycled plastic!
Our everyday choices DO make a difference.....
Available now from the garden.....
Plan your menu before you stay! (updated 5/9/10)
Rocket, Oregano, Mint, Spring onion, Lemon scented myrtle, thyme, basil, parsley, rosemary, lemon grass, vietnamese mint